The things you will need to prepare the patties are:
- 1 can (16 ounces/450 grams) of black beans (drained and rinsed);
- Half a green bell pepper (cut in 2 inch pieces);
- Half an onion (cut into wedges);
- 3 cloves of garlic (peeled);
- 1 egg;
- 6 g cumin;
- 55 g bread crumbs;
- 8 g chili powder (optional);
- 5 ml chili sauce (optional).
How to prepare the patties:
Preheat the oven to 190ºC (375ºF) and lightly oil a baking sheet. Then in a bowl pour the black beans and mash them until they are thick and pasty. In a food processor add the bell pepper, onion and garlic and mix them together. Then add the mashed beans and mix again until everything has combined. In a separate bowl stir together the egg, cumin, chili powder and chili sauce. Once everything is well mixed together add the egg mixture into the mashed beans and mix until everything is sticky and holds together. Divide the finished mixture into four patties and place them on the previously oiled baking sheet then bake on each side for 10 minutes. Once the patties have been baked you can assemble your delicious veggie burgers.